Search
Close this search box.
[wpml_language_selector_widget]

Inspired craftsmanship
for synagogues

לוגו רהיטי לביא אנגלית

Established in the early 1960s, our factory has undergone a remarkable journey, evolving into a premier manufacturer of synagogue and yeshiva furniture, both in Israel and globally. Encompassing 5,000 square meters, our facility is staffed by over 100 top-tier professionals, including designers, artists, craftsmen, production managers, quality control experts, and more.

Working together in close cooperation, we strive to deliver products and furniture tailored to your needs and choices, to enhance and elevate.

Our Journey

Lavi’s origins and path forward

1949
The Carpentry is Established
In 1949, the kibbutz carpentry’s modest team built lodges for kibbutz members, as well as the dining hall, tables, and chairs. Three of these original lodges still stand today. By 1954, the carpentry's expertise extended to crafting furniture for the inaugural synagogue in Moshav Sde Ilan near the kibbutz. The success of that project propelled the carpentry, leading to the commencement of the construction of Lavi's synagogue in 1956 — the second synagogue proudly furnished by the company.
1949
1960s–1970s
Early Projects
The inauguration ceremony of the Lavi synagogue garnered considerable exposure, emphasizing its role in fortifying settlements in the Galilee. The furniture within the synagogue left a lasting impression on numerous visitors, who admired the style and quality of the craftsmanship. This led to a surge in orders. The initial breakthrough came with a commission for a religious-national synagogue in Bnei Brak, followed by inquiries from various synagogues and yeshivas across Israel.
In 1971, the company marked a significant milestone by completing its first international project in Sydney, Australia. And in 1975, reflecting its evolution beyond carpentry, the Lavi factory was established.
1960s–1970s
1980s–1990s
Pioneering Technology in the Industry
During the 1980s and 1990s, the Lavi factory was transformed into a technologically advanced carpentry facility, establishing itself as a leader in wood industry innovation in Israel. Venturing into the realm of CAD (computer-aided design), the factory achieved a production capacity of hundreds of seats per week.
1980s–1990s
2000s
A Global Outlook
During the 2000s, Lavi focused on designing and developing the Galilee series tailored for the American market. These models drew inspiration from the mountains and ranges visible from Lavi: Tavor, Golan, Carmel, and Meron.
In 2010, Lavi expanded its portfolio to include a series of accessibility products, catering to accessibility for Aliyah, including an adjustable reading table, and Hotza’at Sefer Torah accessibility.
In 2019, Lavi celebrated its 5000th furnished synagogue in Israel, located in Bruchin. The momentum continued into 2022, marking the completion of the 1000th synagogue outside of Israel, situated in Washington, USA.
2000s
Today
A Tradition of Innovation
Lavi's legacy includes furnishing renowned synagogues such as the Wilson’s Arch synagogue at the Western Wall; the Belz Great Synagogue in Jerusalem; the Forest Hill Synagogue in Toronto, Canada; the Baba Sali Synagogue in Netivot; and the synagogue in the new Jewish Community Center in Moscow, Russia.
With over 6,500 synagogues furnished worldwide, Lavi maintains its commitment to innovation in a traditional domain. As we set our sights on the 10,000th synagogue, we persist in fulfilling the dreams of communities and elevating the beauty of synagogues and yeshivas.
Today

Our Journey

Lavi’s origins and path forward

1949

The Carpentry is Established

In 1949, the kibbutz carpentry’s modest team built lodges for kibbutz members, as well as the dining hall, tables, and chairs. Three of these original lodges still stand today. By 1954, the carpentry’s expertise extended to crafting furniture for the inaugural synagogue in Moshav Sde Ilan near the kibbutz. The success of that project propelled the carpentry, leading to the commencement of the construction of Lavi’s synagogue in 1956 — the second synagogue proudly furnished by the company.

1960s–1970s

Early Projects

The inauguration ceremony of the Lavi synagogue garnered considerable exposure, emphasizing its role in fortifying settlements in the Galilee. The furniture within the synagogue left a lasting impression on numerous visitors, who admired the style and quality of the craftsmanship. This led to a surge in orders. The initial breakthrough came with a commission for a religious-national synagogue in Bnei Brak, followed by inquiries from various synagogues and yeshivas across Israel.
In 1971, the company marked a significant milestone by completing its first international project in Sydney, Australia. And in 1975, reflecting its evolution beyond carpentry, the Lavi factory was established.

1980s–1990s

Pioneering Technology in the Industry

During the 1980s and 1990s, the Lavi factory was transformed into a technologically advanced carpentry facility, establishing itself as a leader in wood industry innovation in Israel. Venturing into the realm of CAD (computer-aided design), the factory achieved a production capacity of hundreds of seats per week.

2000s

A Global Outlook

During the 2000s, Lavi focused on designing and developing the Galilee series tailored for the American market. These models drew inspiration from the mountains and ranges visible from Lavi: Tavor, Golan, Carmel, and Meron.
In 2010, Lavi expanded its portfolio to include a series of accessibility products, catering to accessibility for Aliyah, including an adjustable reading table, and Hotza’at Sefer Torah accessibility.
In 2019, Lavi celebrated its 5000th furnished synagogue in Israel, located in Bruchin. The momentum continued into 2022, marking the completion of the 1000th synagogue outside of Israel, situated in Washington, USA.

Today

A Tradition of Innovation

Lavi’s legacy includes furnishing renowned synagogues such as the Wilson’s Arch synagogue at the Western Wall; the Belz Great Synagogue in Jerusalem; the Forest Hill Synagogue in Toronto, Canada; the Baba Sali Synagogue in Netivot; and the synagogue in the new Jewish Community Center in Moscow, Russia.
With over 6,500 synagogues furnished worldwide, Lavi maintains its commitment to innovation in a traditional domain. As we set our sights on the 10,000th synagogue, we persist in fulfilling the dreams of communities and elevating the beauty of synagogues and yeshivas.